Arkansas Level 1 Qualifying Rules for the 2018 Level 1 Championship Shows
State Qualifying Period: 2017 Show Season
Go South for the Winner (Dec 2016), Circle G (Mar-Apr 2017), and Memorial Day (May 2017).
For Arkansas qualifying, the following AQHA’s guidelines must be followed:
If an exhibitor’s affiliate has a qualifying method, the exhibitor must qualify through its resident state/provincial affiliate.
If the exhibitor’s affiliate does not have a qualifying method, the exhibitor must nationally qualify or qualify through another affiliate.
To qualify through another affiliate, the exhibitor must be a member in good standing with that affiliate (other than the state/province affiliate of residence) and be selected by that affiliate as a qualifier.
To be selected as an Arkansas qualifier, the following guidelines will be used:
(1) Qualification will be based on class placings at Arkansas approved horse shows.
(2) Exhibitor must be an Arkansas Quarter Horse Association member in good standing.
(3) Points will be computed in the same manner as points for year-end awards; therefore, shows for the 2017 year will count, i.e. Go South for the Winner (Dec 2016), Circle G (Mar-Apr 2017), and Memorial Day (May 2017).
(4) The top three individuals in each Arkansas Novice class offered at the Championship Show that are not nationally qualified will be invited to the Championship show as a State Qualifier.
(5) In case of a tie for the top three spots, all tied exhibitor/horse will be invited.